With positive attitude, character, desire, skill and knowledge at all times with Integrity, Reliability and Innovation, a project/laboratory manager will be responsible for the daily operations of the project and/or laboratory. Daily operational tasks may include, but not limited to; allocating staff and work assignments, follow-up on task completion, maintain, manage project/lab financial condition leading to reasonable profit and client satisfaction, training/coaching staff on technical protocols, and be the on-site client relations point of contact.
Essential Job Functions:
- Organize staff and resources to ensure projects are completed accurately, on-time and within the budget.
- Manage staff on site; assigning tasks, follow-up execution of tasks; providing mentorship, coaching and training for staff.
- Communicating with a range of people including the client, subcontractors, suppliers, and co-workers. Communication should be in person whenever possible; phone should be the second preferred option and phone and third option email.
- Complete all reports and project documents in a timely manner meeting agreed to expectations. Organizing test results, ensuring accuracy in reports.
- Develop and assist in the preparation of proposals; develop and maintain relations with new and current clients.
- Assess problem situations using tools, such as, root cause analysis, and follows chain of command to address and resolve the concerns; participate in the plans and implementation of corrective action as needed.(See the QA Manual)
- Make positive decisions that impact the results of co-workers, clients and/or the company. Make positive decisions that impact other people, the financial resources, and/or the image and reputation of the organization. Includes reasonable responsibility for the health and safety of others.
- Adheres to Cesare policies, procedures, all safety plans, and all standards including those imposed by the client and regulatory organizations. Standards must not compromise Cesare.
- Other job duties as assigned; this position description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this position. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Team working skills
- Ability to motivate people
- Management and leadership skills
- Client and Employee Engagement Ability
- Organizational Skills
- Positive attitude, character, desire, skill and knowledge to create and sustain successful relationships
Experience: At least three years of progressive experience in construction materials testing and/or geotechnical engineering services including one to two years supervisory or management experience.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent. Bachelor’s degree in related area of practice preferred. Certifications and/or licensing in field(s) of management.
License and Certification Requirements:
- ACI: Field Level 1, Strength, Lab
- Nuke Gage
- CAPA Level A, B, C
The project manager will supervise and manage a number of technicians and other staff depending on the size and scope of the project. Staff will report to the project manager about daily tasks and assignments. The project manager will work with group managers on items relating to performance, PTO requests and HR related issues.
- Regularly required to sit, stand, walk, bend, stoop, kneel and/or crouch (move and carry) at any time and under any reasonable and safe condition.
- Required to regularly lift and/or move up at least 50 lbs.
- Employees will work outdoors and be exposed to all weather conditions.
- Required to be able to operate assigned field equipment and office equipment.
Cesare, Inc. is a Zero Tolerance- Drug-Free Workplace.