Field technicians support geotechnical engineering and materials design through observation and testing needs.
• Perform soil, concrete and asphalt field tests.
• Compare test results per project specifications.
• Provide guidance to clients on construction sites based on test results received.
• Communicate daily with project managers and complete field paperwork daily.
• Maintain and calibrate field equipment.
• Experience with soil, concrete or testing and procedures preferred, not required.
• ACI, CAPA, WAQTC and Nuclear Gage Certifications preferred, not required.
• General knowledge of soil & aggregate classifications and testing preferred, not required.
• Ability to lift a minimum of 75lbs.
• Strong work ethic.
• Ability to work independently.
• Ability to work in an environment that can involve frequent, standing, walking, bending, lifting and carrying 75+ pounds, working indoors and outdoors in all weather conditions.
• An insurable driving record and maintain a valid driver’s license.
One year materials testing experience is preferred, not required. CAPA, ACI, Nuclear Gage, NICET certifications are preferred, not required. We have the ability to train and assistance candidate with earning certifications, if the candidate demonstrates high integrity and interest to learn.